Our Clinic Owner/Physical Therapist, Dr. Sylvestra Ramirez has been awarded the Diversity in Business Award from the Milwaukee Business Journal. The Diversity Award salutes the spirit of entrepreneurship, growth and optimism for the future by honoring individuals, companies or organizations that deserve recognition for their contribution and commitment to their city and community.
At Physical Therapy of Milwaukee we imagined the impact our bilingual and bicultural healthcare services could have on the Milwaukee community. PTM imagined something different and from that sparked our passion to continue breaking down the healthcare disparities that disproportionately affected the Hispanic community.
“As a healthcare company, PTM has the opportunity to build a brand that creates patient healthcare equity, employs and nurtures a team, all while starting from a place of purpose. That purpose has been the guiding principle throughout these challenging years to harness the entrepreneurial spirit, remain optimistic about the future of healthcare and deliver to the Milwaukee community a necessary service.”
– Clinic Founder and Owner Dr. Sylvestra Ramirez
It is pivotal to use our platform to promote health equity: to assess the problems from the patient’s perspective and maximize the available resources within a community experiencing healthcare disparities in asthma, heart conditions, lack of exercise and increased injury rates.
Here is the full list of 2022 Diversity in Business Award Winners:
– Emery Harlan, MWH Law Group
– Damian Buchman, The Ability Center
– Antigua Latin Inspired Kitchen and Catering and Events
– Lisa Kaye Catering
– Sam’s Place Jazz Café
– Nadiyah Johnson, Jet Constellations, Milky Way Tech Hub
– Dr. Slyvestra Ramirez, Physical Therapy of Milwaukee
– UBUNTU Research & Evaluation
– Creative industry
– Valor Creative Collective
– Tony Perez, Milwaukee Housing Authority
– Jeanette Mitchell, Leadership by Dr. Jeanette
PTM is currently accepting new patients. Call/text 414-281-3444 or leave your information below to request an appointment or free screen.