Dr. Sylvestra Ramirez-Tovar is the CEO and Founder of Milwaukee’s first bilingual/bicultural physical therapy clinic. The Physical Therapy of Milwaukee brand has grown to include 2 locations and thousands of patients served since 2013. Dr. Ramirez initiated the first bilingual (English/Spanish) clinical internship with schools like UWM, Marquette, Bryant and Stratton, WCTC, and MATC, to name a few. These clinical opportunities are open to students completing their clinical coursework. Her team’s work is focused on providing access to high-quality bilingual/bicultural physical therapy pre and post-injury service; experiencing a 45% new patient increase within the last 2 calendar years. She has a passion for collaborating with local businesses and community organizations with the ultimate goal of improving access to healthcare and wellness services.
In addition to her primary job functions, Dr. Ramirez-Tovar and her team have been recognized for their extraordinary commitment to the Milwaukee community:
- Milwaukee Business Journal’s Women of Influence Award
- Milwaukee Business Journal’s Diversity in Business Award
- Published Author in American Public Health Association
- Published in the American Physical Therapy Association’s PT in Motion Magazine for her “Defining Moment” and “Responding to the National Health Emergency” features.
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: Hispanic Business of the Year Award
- Three Best Rated: Top 3 Physical Therapists in Milwaukee 2019-2022
- Governor’s Marketplace Conference: Wisconsin Minority Business Enterprise Award for Outstanding Small Business
- Sí Se Puede: Wisconsin’s Most Powerful Latinos from Madison365
- Small Business Administration: Emerging Leaders USA Award
- Milwaukee Business Journal: 40 Under 40 Award
- Rosalind Franklin University Physical Therapist of the Year Award
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Healthcare Professions: Distinguished Alumnus Award
Dr. Sylvestra Ramirez-Tovar has an undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. In addition, she has earned a master’s degree in Women’s Health and certification as an Ergonomics Assessment Specialist. Dr. Ramirez lives in Milwaukee with her husband. When not working, she enjoys a lot of quiet time, family time, and ocean time.
Amid Escobar PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Amid graduated from the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Gateway Technical College. He is a bilingual (English/Spanish) PTA that specializes in strengthening techniques, return to work conditioning, and neck/back pain treatments. In his free time, he enjoys working out and spending time with his family.
David Reyes PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
David was born and raised in Milwaukee, WI. He comes from an hispanic background with both my parents being from Guatemala. He graduated from the PTA program at MATC at the end of 2022. His interests outside of work include Wisconsin sports teams such as the Bucks, Green Bay Packers, and the Brewers. Whenever the weather is right he loves to go outside to do outdoor activities such as playing soccer, go on bike rides or morning runs, and spend time with his family and friends. He also loves to travel to new places/countries with his girlfriend or family.
Front Desk Specialist
Ruby was born in raised in Milwaukee, WI. She is bilingual (Spanish/English) and has over 13 years of experience working in the Physical Therapy field.
She can help you schedule an appointment, verify your insurance and answer any questions you may have about Physical Therapy with PTM. In her free time she enjoys going to the beach, camping and spending time with her family.